Hola Amigos !!!
It was long time wish to bake pizza at home and the dream came true few days back. I tried it from Rak's Kitchen with some changes . It came out very well and in turn I got a big smile as a gift from my hubby :) :)
Origin : Without a doubt it hails from Italy. It all started in a small town where the bishop of the town was given 12 Pizzas every Xmas and Easter day. This was when tomato and Bread topped with Cheese pack evolved !
Nutrients : Shhhhhh!
This is what you need :
For the pizza base :
All purpose flour/Maida - 1&1/2 cups
Dry yeast - 1/2 tbsp
Milk - 1/4 cup
Water - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/2 tbsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Olive oil - 2 tsp
For Pizza sauce :
Tinned tomatoes - 1 cup
Chilly flakes - 1/2 tbsp
Italian Seasoning - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
For the Toppings :
Onion - 1 ( cubed )
Tomato - 1 ( cubed )
Capsicum - 1 (cubed )
Olives - 10
Mushrooms - 4-5 (diced) ( I didn't use it )
Sweet corn - handful
Grated cheese (mozzarella or cheddar ) - 1/4 cup
This is how you do :
Pizza Base :
1. Boil the water ( it should be warm ) and add sugar and yeast to it. Allow it to settle for few mins. After 5 Min the yeast will start to bloom. Keep it aside.
2. In a bowl mix flour and salt together and add olive oil,milk and yeast sugar mixture and mix them well. Knead the dough for at least 5 - 10 Mins and this makes the base soft.
3. Keep the dough covered with wet cloth for almost 4 hours.
4. After 4 hours, the dough will be double in size. Punch the dough with your strong knuckles :-), to release air from the dough and knead it well.
Pizza sauce :
1. In a kadai add few drops of olive oil and add canned tomatoes and allow it to boil. After it has boiled a bit, add Italian seasoning and half of the chilly flakes and allow it to boil for another 5 Mins until it becomes thick.
2.Turn off the flame and allow it to cool.
Final Step :
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C for 10 mins.
2. Using a rolling pin just roll the pizza and adjust the thickness of the sides.
3. Spread the pizza sauce over the dough evenly.
4. Finally add the toppings of our choice. I added the vegetables mentioned above and finally add the grated cheese .
4. Bake it in the oven for about 15-20 Mins until the base turns golden brown and cheesy layer is melted completely.
Serve it pipping hot !!!!